'I've been there from the start'

Hey Guys

In the past few days and even before that I came across some really mean, stupid and unnecessary comments (not on here), in which I get called a fake fan and that I would not belong to the 5sos fam solely because 'I wasn't there from the start.' (I joined the fam in Summer 2014).

If you don't know who 5sos are, they are an Australian band called 5 Seconds of Summer who started off on youtube and where the support act of One Direction in 2013 and 2014 during their Take Me Home - and Where We Are - Tour.

Back to the comments. I am honestly sick of those so called fans, who call others fake only because of a difference in WHEN they joined the fam. It doesn't make sense to me, like why would you be mean to someone who loves and supports the same band as you do? 

Sure, it's nice being able to say 'I've been there from the start' but judging someones support or love is just plain stupid and wrong.

I have to admit I used to be like that with One Direction. I wouldn't comment on new fans' Twitter or whatever that they are fake or something like that but I couldn't stand them. Like I wouldn't talk to them on Twitter or just talk bad about the mistakes they made. But that was about 3 years ago. I changed a lot concerning this topic, actually I help new fans getting to know everything or just tell them like little inside jokes of the fandom ore  something like that. And that is all just because I noticed how bad my behaviour toward them was. 

So please if you are fan of someone and you come across someone who is completely new to your fandom, be nice to them or help them if they ask you something just PLEASE don't call them fake or tell them to leave because they weren't there the whole time.

Sorry for this little rant but I just had to say something about this since it's starting to really annoy me.

lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment