Blogging And A-Levels?


I don't think I'm the only blogger (I just referred to myself as a blogger that's weird) who's currently on their way to take on A-Level exams in about 3 months (at least for me). 
My friends asked me once how I manage to revise and do all my homework on time while keeping up a blogging schedule week after week.
To be honest it sounds quite difficult and like a lot of hard work but with the right strategies I is actually really easy, it's still hard work though don't get me wrong.

So here is what I do:

1. I try to do all my homework, revision and assignments as soon as I get home from school

2. I adapted my blogging schedule to the times school finishes for me so of course I don't have school on a Sunday and on Wednesday I get home at 11.15 am and only have choir fro 3.20 to 5 pm so I have enough time to do school stuff and get a blog post done

3. I try to plan my posts ahead. Not necessarily pre-write them but I write down a topic and already take pictures if I can because we all know how horrible the lightening in winter can be.

4. I try to keep the distraction as low as possible. Basically the only thing that will play in the background will be music. I tend to listen to concentration playlists on spotify while revising and writing and then at around 8 when my parents come home it's the first time of the day where I sit down and watch TV

5. Sleeping enough. I have a lot of friends who stay up all night doing revision or whatever and get really stressed because of this so I try to be in bed and asleep by at least 11 or midnight. I know you should get at least 8 hours of sleep but by now my body got used to it 6 or 7 hours and works perfectly fine.

6. Taking breaks. This is so important. You need to give your brain time to relax and shut down only then your batteries will refill and I usually get more ideas for blog posts and revision works better

7. And now at last keeping a journal or planner on what I have to do when and so I'll never forget anything.

Now of course this depends on what's going on in school right now during exam times it's harder since I usually have two exams a week from mid February till the end of march so that's when pre-writing is always a good option.
Since we're at this topic right now I can already tell you that there will be no post from the 1st of April to the 11th of June since that's when I'm taking on my A-Levels. I hope you'll understand that.

How do you juggle blogging and school? Let me know what tips you have, I'm happy to try new methods.

lots of love
❤ 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I am currently studying a level 3 course at college and although there is no revision there is a hell load of assignments! I also upload every other day of my blog and run a blogging community! It can be very stressful and I don't get a lot of time to do anything else but every Wednesday and Thursday I finish at mid day so I go to the library and work for 3/4 hours and I always wake up early at weekends so I can do blog things! I think with good time mangament and organsation it is very achievable x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that sounds like a lot and good planning and time mangament really is the key but as long as doing what you're doing makes you happy all the stress is worth it xx

      Delete